Dear Peer friends,
We would like to reach out to you! Over the last few months we’ve been working hard on the next issue of our magazine and it is a very promising issue filled with beautiful features. We are very excited to show you our hard work (and yours!) but we are short on our printing budget.
YOU CAN HELP US SIMPLY BY PRE-ORDERING YOUR COPY!!
What are you pre-ordering?? Good question, this time you get not one but three booklets on the theme Notes!! One copy is €11. Are you new to our magazine? You can also order a package of issue 1, 2 & 3 for €27 instead of €33!! (more info on issue 1 & 2 can be found here)
In total we need a pre-order count of 65 issues to cover our shortage in the printing costs. With your help this will be easy-peasy!!
ABOUT PEER PAPER NOTES ISSUE 3
Peer paper notes issue 3 comes in a triptych,- for this issue we created three booklets out of content loosely based on the theme notes. In an attempt to make something very private public, the artists & writers open up and share their thought process even more than in our previous issues.
To write notes is to take notice of the world and everything in it, your thoughts are still uncensored and everything is possible. Notes are a treasure pit of ideas, dreams and the start of new projects. Artists & writers like to keep them close, but now we get a peek into this world where the magic happens!
Booklet 1: Peer paper NOTES issue 3.
Filled with sketches, thoughts, works & ideas by the likes of Typex, Annemarie Vink, Jorieke Rottier, Antosh Wojcik, Susan Barnet, Laura Cnossen, Laura Linsi, Melissa Mabesoone, Andrew Ekins and Simone & Olivier! Cover image: by cartoonist Typex from his Notebook made during his research on Andy Warhol
Booklet 2: Contact/Separation by Patrick Sampson.
Weeks after the sudden death of his Mother in 2015, Sampson realised that two of the only photographs he ever took of her lay on two rolls of undeveloped film at his home. In this essay, Sampson transcribes his feelings and apprehensions towards seeing these images for the first time and uses the process to come to terms with her death. Cover image: Patrick Sampson, booklet made in collaboration with Kay Brugmans
Booklet 3: Conversations – June 2016 by Alina Lupu.
Over the course of two weeks at Peer, Lupu recorded a series of public conversations with art professionals where they spoke on the topic of “setting up” -- a situation, a show, a publication, a career. Their words merge into a single conversation throughout the booklet; browse them at will, from beginning-to-end or from any moment you like. Cover image: Annabelle Binnerts
The Crowdfunding Rules:
• the final day to pre-order is the 26th of September (this is also the last day of the exhibition ‘Notes’ at Peer)
• we need to sell a total of 65 copies to cover our shortage, if we sell 50 copies we will go ahead with the printing, if we do not pre-sell 50 copies everyone who bought their copy will get their money back
• one copy is €11,- if you want us to send you your copy by post we will add €3,95 postage for NL, €9,- for EU (we do not ship outside the EU, sorry!!!) Of course pick up is free!!
• the magazine will be sent to the printers on the 27th of September and will be launched and sent off to their rightful owners in the beginning of October
• email us with your order firstname.lastname@example.org and shipping option + address and we will send you an invoice, all payments have to be made before the 27th of September. You can also place your order via our